Many people experience such a deep fear of dental care that they avoid going to the dentist altogether. That doesn’t have to be the case, however. Through carefully administered Lyons sedation options, Powers Family and Implant Dentistry can help nervous and fearful patients relax and get the dental care they need. If you’re one of these people, our dental sedation will allow you to:Image Title: Sedation Options Create a Comfortable Experience Read Transcript
Dental fear is real and we understand that. I've dedicated a big portion of my training and our office to sedation dentistry. People neglect getting dental work done due to fear and dental sedation is a great option. It allows you to get all your dental work done in a very comfortable, pain-free environment. It also allows us to go faster, so a lot of times requires less visits. Not only do we offer oral sedation and laughing gas, nitrous oxide sedation, I'm also one of just a few general dentist in the state certified for IV sedation. Depending on your level of dental fear and if the procedures and dental work that you need done, we have the sedation that is right for you. In extreme situations, we also have hospital privileges and do hospital dentistry under general anesthesia. If you're not going to the dentist because of fear, sedation is a great option.
- Sit comfortably through your dental exam or procedure
- Relax fully, even if you have a long procedure or multiple procedures
- Gain peace of mind about your oral health
- Reduce your anxiety about future dental visits
- Feel confident that your smile looks attractive
- Catch and treat small dental problems early on
- Feel good that you were able to face your dental fear
Get the relaxing dental care you deserve with our sedation choices. Call Powers Family and Implant Dentistry today at 812-645-0620 to schedule an appointment. Dr. Powers is one of only a few general dentists in Indiana certified to administer IV sedation. In addition, he has hospital privileges so he can treat special needs patients or children using general anesthesia.
Sedation Will Put Your Mind Completely at Ease
There’s no need to let fear or anxiety rob you of a beautiful smile. The team at Powers Family and Implant Dentistry have years of experience in dealing with patients with all levels of anxiety. We can help you, too. We’ll listen closely to your needs and take time to answer all your questions so that you know exactly what is happening at all times. We’ll go at your pace so you feel completely comfortable.
No two patients are alike, so we offer three levels of sedation. We’ll help you decide which one will work best for your situation and needs:
- Inhaled Sedation – Gentle laughing gas works great if you have mild dental anxiety. Shortly after breathing in this sweet-smelling gas, you’ll begin to experience a feeling of well-being. You may even feel giddy. The effects will wear off quickly afterward, and you’ll be able to drive safely home.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – We’ll prescribe an FDA-approved pill for you to take as directed before your procedure begins. It will put you in a completely relaxed state from head to toe. You’ll remain awake, although some patients become so relaxed they doze off. You’ll need a friend or family member to drive you home afterward.
- IV Sedation – Dr. Powers will administer IV sedation that will put you in a sleeplike state. You won’t experience any of the sensations of your dental visit, including the sights, sounds, or smells. Plus, you won’t remember anything about it afterward. A friend or family member will need to drive you home after your appointment.
Enjoy Our Comforting Amenities, Too
Besides sedation, we offer several amenities to help you relax and feel right at home. They include:
- A beverage station for your refreshment
- Soft pillows to support your head and neck
- Warm blankets in case you get chilly
- TVs so you can watch a favorite movie or show
- Private patient care rooms for discretion
Our Lyons sedation options will ensure a relaxing dental visit. Call Powers Family and Implant Dentistry today at 812-645-0620 to schedule the dental visit you’ve been putting off. You can also use our convenient online form to request an appointment.