- Visit us twice a year to keep your smile healthy
- We use electronic cavity detectors
- Digital X-rays expose you to much less radiation
Maintain a Beautiful Smile With General Dentistry in Lyons
To keep your smile in great shape, we recommend routine general dental care. Most of us know that we should schedule regular dental cleanings and exams every six months, as preventive maintenance goes a long way toward maintaining a healthy mouth and attractive smile. Our Lyons general dentistry can help you:
- Feel confident enough to show others a genuine smile
- Catch and treat small oral problems before they worsen
- Enjoy peace of mind about your oral health
- Avoid dental emergencies and unnecessary pain
- Keep your overall costs down for dental care
Call Powers Family and Implant Dentistry today at 812-659-3901 to schedule an appointment for general dental services. Our office is easy to find; we’re near the intersection of Broad Street and Highway 67.
Good General Dental Care Equals a Great Smile
Everyone wants to have the best smile possible – one that gives them confidence to speak up in public and be bold in their social and professional interactions. General dental care should be an important part of your oral hygiene routine. Along with good brushing and flossing habits, it is critical if you want your smile to look pleasing.
There are several types of general dentistry. Here are some of the main ones that we offer at Powers Family and Implant Dentistry.
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – Dr. Powers recommends a thorough exam and teeth cleaning twice a year. During these routine checkups, we’ll check for signs of problems, including tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer. Our electronic cavity detector will catch small areas of decay invisible to the naked eye. We may also take a set of digital X-rays, depending on your needs. Your dental hygienist will then clean your teeth, taking time to remove all plaque and tartar from between your teeth and other hard-to-reach areas you might miss at home. A final polish will help remove stains and give your teeth a brilliant luster.
- Fluoride Treatments and Varnishes – When fluoride is applied directly to your teeth, it helps remineralize your tooth enamel and make it stronger. Stronger enamel is more resistant to tooth decay, so you’re less likely to develop cavities. These treatments are great for both children and adults alike.
- Gum Disease Treatment – Gum disease can begin its assault on your teeth without any awareness on your part. When plaque is allowed to develop into tartar and then into pockets of infection, the result can be tooth or bone loss. To stop this process, we can perform a “deep cleaning” on your teeth and gums. This involves scaling (removing) plaque and tartar from around and below your gumline, then planing (smoothing) your teeth roots to help prevent bacteria from collecting there.