You don’t need to hear about the benefits of going to the dentist.
You know that preventing cavities is important. You are aware that gum disease runs in your family. You realize you can fix your chipped tooth or improve your smile with restorative or cosmetic dentistry. You just don’t like going to the dentist.
You may have dental anxiety, and if so, then you are not alone. Millions of people across the United States avoid dental care due to fear or anxiety.
Our team at Powers Family & Implant Dentistry has decades of experience helping patients just like you. We can help you get the care your need in a pain-free, worry-free setting with dental sedation. In time, because it won’t happen in just one visit, you may find that going to the dentist become something you looking forward to doing.
To learn more, call 812-645-0620 to reach our office in Lyons, IN.
Ease Your Mind
Sedation dentistry has been around in some form for more than 150 years. In that time, dental professionals have learned more about how to used sedation to make oral care easier and more effective for our patients.
Sedation offers a number of benefits, such as:
- Allowing you to remain calm and relaxed
- Prevening pain during dental procedures
- Providing peace of mind
- Letting you get preventive and restorative care for your healthy smile
Those are just a few of the reasons that people take advantage of our sedation options. Having seen the effect that sedation has had on our patients’ oral health. That, in turn, has had an effect on their self-confidence in some cases as well.
When you feel good about your smile, you feel more prepared to engage with the world. If sedation makes it easier to get the care that you need to improve and maintain your smile, then it is well worth it for you and for us.
Three Reasons to Visit Us
As we noted above, sedation dentistry is not new. Many practices offer some kind of sedation, but few can match what we offer:
- Inhaled Sedation – Laughing gas works quickly so you can get the care you need, and it wears off quickly so you feel like yourself shortly after your appointment.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – If you have a higher level of dental anxiety, you may prefer something stronger than laughing gas. We can prescribe an FDA-approved pill to take before your appointment. Just make sure a friend or family member can bring you to and from the office since the effects of this sedation can last for a few hours.
- IV Sedation – This is the strongest sedation we offer, and it’s great for longer procedures. Dr. Powers is among the few dentists in Indiana with the training and licensing to offer this fast-acting option.
Find What Works for You
Dental sedation can make a difference in your oral health and your willingness to get the care that you need and deserve. Discover the sedation option that can work best for you and your needs.
Call Powers Family & Implant Dentistry at 812-645-0620 or contact us online for more information or to request an appointment in Lyons, IN.